cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

iphone 13 pro max 5g signal isn't working

hash70
Investigator
Investigator

I cant get my new iPhone 13 pro max to use 5g,its cònstantly on 4g,i went into settings and set the correct 5g settings,I deliver fast food in Glasgow and today because of lack of drivers I drove all over Glasgow including city center but I can't get 5g to turn on

24 REPLIES 24
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @hash70

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Where did you purchase the iPhone? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @hash70 

Are you on a 5G tariff? 

Have you tried resetting network settings?

You might need to speak to EE CS on 150 as this maybe some account issue.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

I’ve got an iPhone 13 Pro and I’ve got exactly the same issue. Contacted EE to reset carrier settings but the same thing - got stuck in 4G despite being in central London and on their 5G network!

Mine also stays on the 4G icon and getting over 100 Mbps downloads on a speed test

WrightS
Visitor

I’ve been having this same issue for around two weeks now. When I first got my iPhone 13 Pro Max on iOS 15.0, it pulled down 5G and worked flawlessly.

Called EE and they said no issues their end, my plan is 5G ready (I should hope so) and that I’ve got the latest carrier settings.

Since going to iOS 15.0.1, 15.0.2 and 15.1, it’s constantly stuck on 4G. I live in an area where I get a good 5G signal, and experienced this on my iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Wondering if this is a software or hardware issue? SIM card is fine, putting it into a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE gets a 5G signal without issue. Also I can place an iPhone 12 Pro Max next to my device, both on EE…iP12PM gets 5G, iP13PM only gets 4G.

Taking out and reinserting the SIM sometimes fixes it, until I toggle Wi-Fi on; once you turn the Wi-Fi off, it seems to get ‘stuck’ on 4G.

Very frustrating - I’ve been looking online about this for over a week and I’m glad to see it’s not just me now!

Same issue here. Upgraded to iPhone 13 pro max and now it doesn’t change to 5G from 4G in a 5G area. Swap Sim to old iPhone 12 Pro Max  works fine and switches to 5G. 

a_ukboy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I’m having the same issue with my iPhone 12 Pro, had no issues before 1-2 weeks ago, the only fix for me is manual select another network until I get no signal then connect back to EE, it’s fine until I connect my phone to a wifi, then it’s stuck to 4G again until I manual select another network, very annoying 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @a_ukboy

Is your phone running on the latest iOS update?

Katie 🙂

a_ukboy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes, 15.1 it was also happening with the previous iOS version