cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Smashed iPhone, insurance claim

Calmaz93
Visitor

Hi, I’m currently on holiday in Barbados and have smashed my iPhone to the point where it is unusable. I arrive home tomorrow (21/12/21) and need to get a new phone sorted ASAP. I have phone insurance with EE and need to get this between 21/12/21 -  23/12/21 I cannot call the helplines and live chat is not working so can anybody give me any idea of what to do. Can I go in store and pick one up as per an insurance claim? Can one be delivered to my home address? The timing is awful because it’s Christmas but it is paramount that I receive a phone. Disappointed with the EE online services when a phone is broken. 

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Calmaz93 You’ll need to be at home with your old device as you will need to hand this over to the courier when they drop off your new device.  you’ll have to start the claim when back in the UK as you’ll have to call customer services to get this started.    You can not go to a store as the store will not have a device to give you as that is store stock that is sold not given as an insurance replacement. 

please read THIS 

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Calmaz93 ,

Just to check what options you have, do you know if your travel insurance included gadget insurance? The terms and conditions may require you to inform an insurer if you have duplicate cover.

https://www.moneysupermarket.com/travel-insurance/gadget-travel-insurance/

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net