cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

internet connection even with data

PaulGeorge
Investigator
Investigator

HI all, I'm looking for some help here as I can't get an internet connection away from my WIFI on an iphone 11.

Example, I was at my mothers house with no internet at all, and tried to place an order on Amazon over 4G, but kept getting a no internet connection message, so was unable to place her order till I got back home. I also tried the BBC website just to try but still not good.

I have tried everything, like resetting internet settings and removing the sim card, turning flight mode on and off, turning phone on and off. but still no joy on connecting without WIFI.

any ideas at all ........

Many thanks in advance 

5 REPLIES 5
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @PaulGeorge and welcome to the EE community

Firstly, is this phone on PAYG or pay-monthly? It can make a difference if the PAYG phone doesn't have a suitable pack or add-on.

Does the phone show signal bars and is it able to make & receive calls? If it's on pay-monthly, is mobile data enabled on the phone?

Thanks for getting back to me, I am on a  monthly contract and the signal was a strong 4G and i was able to receive calls i also tried the wife's phone also an Apple and that work perfect... i am at a loss....

Take a read of this Apple support guide, scroll down under "turn cellular data on or off". If it's already on, try toggling it off/on. If it's off, then enable it.

Also check that you have bundled data remaining - text BUNDLE to 150 (it's free), what does it say?

If that fails to resolve, I would suggest swapping the SIMs between your two devices. That way, you can identify whether the problem follows the SIM or the phone.

This is what came back from 150 Bundle text...
I’ve had this phone for over a year with no issues till now....

150 is a free service in the UK and EU and will be charged at local rates from other countries.
Our most popular services are:

BALANCE: Balance and allowance information incl Data
UPGRADE: Upgrade info
RO country name: Roaming info, RO ITALY for example
ROAMING: Check if your phone is set up to use abroad
CR: Make a card payment, or why not try our new service by replying PAY
CONTENT LOCK: Check and restrict your 18+ Rated content settings
NUMBER: What's my number
UNLOCK: Check the lock status of your Apple device.
BAR: Bar third party premium rate services
UNBAR: Remove the third party premium rate services bar
BILL: Summary of recent invoices and payments
VM ON or VM OFF to control diverts to your voicemail
ENTERTAINMENT: For more on our exclusive offers
COVER : Check what insurance cover your phone has
APP: Download the My EE App

STOP to 1234: To opt out of marketing communications

More info can be found at ee.co.uk/text150

Kind Regards
Paul
Sent from my iPhone

Apologies, it's the BALANCE command you need.

My mistake, that'll teach me to post from memory 🙄