cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Using a different router - no internet connection! Dynamic IP the culprit??

MROB1974
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Another odd query in the land of 4GEE home broadband......

I wanted to make use of and Archer A7 V5 home router I had lying around as it has more oomph than my current Huwai B535 (unlocked) 

Plugged the ethernet cord from the B535 into the Archer A7 and the green internet light went on and looked rosey. Then I get a "no connection" error and can't log onto the internet. Seems like the Archer doesn't like the "internet juice" being supplied by the B535.

I tried switching the B535 into Bridge mode but this messed things up further as the Green internet light on the archer turned Red. 

Im no networking genius but I think I need to change there settings on the Archer from Dynamic IP to something else and add account name/password (?)

Anyone have any experience regarding this? Also, would this work with the B535 in bridge mode? 

Many Thx

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

The simplest way would be to return the B535 settings as they were, and change the Archer to a Access Point.

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @MROB1974 ,

Did you ensure the private subnet used by the Archer was different to that used by the Huawei?

Was a device connected to the Archer able to ping the Huawei and then route out to 8.8.8.8 using the Archer as its gateway?

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
MROB1974
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Seems like it was the old IPV4 / IPV6 issue. I setup a new APN on the B535 and selected IPV4. Rebooted everything and the Archer liked the internet juice being supplied by the B535. All is now good!