cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Upgrading to a phone contract after three months of being on a SIM only plan

Billiefan
Visitor

Hello everyone,

I have an iPhone that has been on a 24-month contract with EE and it is coming to an end tomorrow. I don't feel ready to take out a new 24-month phone contract with EE just yet because I want to keep this phone for a few more months.

I intended on upgrading to the 24-month unlimited data sim only plan (£25 a month) with EE because it advertised that after 3 months you could upgrade to a phone contract with EE when I initially saw the deal advertised in My EE,  however I just wanted some confirmation that this is the case, and that it is NOT the case that I will have to wait 6 months until I can upgrade to a new phone contract (which I have seen on the forums).

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Billiefan 

Answers on this question do seem to differ depending whether you accept the explanation that is on EE's C/S briefings system (where a 3/6 month lockout is often mentioned) or the published guidance in EE's own price guide.

I can only suggest reading the guidance notes at the bottom of page 5 of the SIM-only price guide