cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Ending EE contract Question help please

Ibby2105
Explorer

Hi, I wanted to ask if I end my EE contract now will this be my last and only bill from EE?  OR will I have to pay for ending my EE contract AND this months bill? Which will equalitie to a nice £61.91 🌚 

“Hi from EE, your total charge for
ending your contract early for
0********** is £29.88. This will
show on your final EE bill”

kind regards,  thank you to anybody whoem wishes to help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Ibby2105 ,

The early termination charge is essentially the remaining cost of your contact less VAT. It ensures the network provider doesn't lose out by your leaving early but you don't pay again on top of that.

Your text suggests you are within the last month or so of your minimum contact period so I do not think that will be prorated as otherwise it defeats the point of an early termination charge.

If you've exhausted the minimum term of the contract, then your last bill would be prorated for the days you stay.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ibby2105
Explorer

B36E7ED1-423F-4214-AB45-03F70EE99740.jpeg

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

That will be all of it. Anyway you won't pay to the end of the month when leaving but pro-rata for the days you are on contract. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Ibby2105 ,

The early termination charge is essentially the remaining cost of your contact less VAT. It ensures the network provider doesn't lose out by your leaving early but you don't pay again on top of that.

Your text suggests you are within the last month or so of your minimum contact period so I do not think that will be prorated as otherwise it defeats the point of an early termination charge.

If you've exhausted the minimum term of the contract, then your last bill would be prorated for the days you stay.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

@mikeliuk : It'll be prorated to the end of min. term or the 30 day notice period whichever comes later. If the OP is really in last month of min. term there won't be any ETC  but there will be the 30-day notice period.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)