cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Dongle

Acesue500
Investigator
Investigator

4 months ago I took out a unlimited sim new contract with the guy in Ipswich putting new sim into my old dongle

The dongle now seems to be not working as well as we have to reboot everyday

I was told when I signed up that if the dongle which was over 2 years old failed I could buy a new one from yourselves

When I popped into Felixstowe was told you don't sell them on their own but Ipswich would

I then drove all the way there to be told that I would have to sign up for another contract as they do not sell them either

I was very shocked as I am on a contract with you and have been with you now for over 5 years,

So can I buy a new payg dongle and just put my unlimited sim in it. 

Your reply would be appreciated 

Sue 

5 REPLIES 5
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You could buy a pay as you go dongle from EE and then insert your existing unlimited data SIM and it will work.

Dongles tend to be replaced by portable MiFi Devices now, so you'll be looking at a 4GEE Mini or something similar or pretty much any Unlocked 4/5G LTE Router will do the job.

If you feel the EE Route is a must then do that, but you may end up paying more as you already have a EE SIM Plan, another option is to pick one up from eBay there's loads on there, prices ranging from £25 to a few hundred all depending on your needs, the Technical Life of the budget ones are only a couple of years anyway.

Thanks for that 

They never told me I could buy a payg just said had to take out a contract for £11 something

So frustrating 

So if say I bought a payg from argos I could just transfer the sim and apart from new log ins everything should work 

Sorry hubby also been told can put in old phone and search for hotspot and this would work better than our mini WiFi device 

Sorry again

We live on a holiday park in a lodge 

That's why we need a portable device

Thanks for you advice, Essex boy 

I'm an Essex girl now in Suffolk 😂

The 4GEE Mini devices are portable they have rechargable Batteries in them and are smaller than packet of Ciggs so can be carried around in your pocket or bag.

You could hotspot an old phone,same principle as the MiFi Device but a Mini will do a better job.

Maybe try a Hotspot from a phone first and see how you get on before buying a 4GEE Mini but for me for 20 to 40 Quid it's a no brainer just to get you hands on a Mini MiFi.