cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Upgrade anytime farce

mcgibbon85
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

So this afternoon I placed an order for the iPhone 12 Pro via my upgrade anytime. I was a bit concerned as I didn't receive an email confirming the order so I called EE this evening just to check. I was doubly concerned having had my order for an Apple Watch cancelled twice for no reason and I'm still waiting nearly a month later.

Anyway, I get on the phone with EE and lo and behold, no trace of the order. You'd think that's the worst part but oh no, it gets worse. They refuse to put my order through because they now want me to go to a store to make the order. The store. IN THE MIDDLE OF A PANDEMIC. I'm high risk so at present I cannot leave the house so it is impossible for me to do this. EE have no solution.

I pay over the odds to be an upgrade anytime customer and this is what I get. So now I still have no watch and it looks like I won't have a phone either. Over 10 years with EE and this is the way a customer gets treated. Beyond farcical. I don't know what's happened to this company recently but they have gone down so much in my estimation it is beyond belief. I am furious at this suggestion that in the middle of a pandemic, in a high risk area, in lock down, that EE would even throw this out there as a solution.

6 REPLIES 6
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @mcgibbon85 

If you want to make a complaint then please see here:

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/make-a-complaint

There is no access on these forums.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
kaisah16
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

If you’re that concerned then upgrading your phone is hardly essential. Jeez. They must have a reason for not being able to complete over the phone, they aren’t just going to ask for no reason. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mcgibbon85

I'm so sorry to hear that. Did they say why you had to go into a store?

Chris

mcgibbon85
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
Yeah they said anytime upgrades can’t be done online or in store which I know is rubbish as I’ve done it through both in the past

Sent from my iPhone
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

I've sent you a private message, @mcgibbon85

Could you have a look for me please?

Thanks

Chris

Matron
Contributor
Contributor

You shouldn't be forced to attend an EE store.

What utter nonsense.

I do hope you get the matter sorted out and get your new phone soon.