cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Trying to port back - very confused!

AMR21
Investigator
Investigator

I recently joined another provider but then discovered they didn't support wifi calling.  I have a PAC code so I can port back.  I have a new EE Sim with a temporary number.  Do I put the new sim in now?  Will I then be asked for my PAC number?  Not sure how it all works and don't want to be without my phone!

8 REPLIES 8
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@AMR21 Give your PAC from old provider to EE using Fill out this quick form to transfer your number .

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thank you.  I've tried that but it seems EE don't recognise my old number (probably because it's still with my last provider) or the one on new sim.  I tried updating my  number in settings but couldn't receive a verification code because I've got no service.  Still receiving whatsapp messages on my old number though.  HELP!

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AMR21

Is the new SIM activated with a temporary number? Could you try re-inserting it and restarting your phone please?

Chris

The process to port into EE should broadly be....

You become active on EE with a temporary number, you obtain PAC from existing provider and give that to EE.

According to the timescales under ""how long does it take"? your number should port into EE, and your previous account is auto-cancelled.

Thank you. I have reinserted sim several times but after searching it always says no service.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @AMR21.

If your SIM is showing no service it may not be registered.

I'd recommend getting in touch with our Customer Care team to make sure the SIM is registered, then start the number port process.

Jon

Thank you to everyone for your suggestions. I went to the EE shop this morning. It turns out customer service cancelled the new sim before I even received it. They were confused by me changing my mind so fast and trying to port back. All sorted now although I couldn’t get the same deal 🙁

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks for letting us know you got this sorted, @AMR21.

I hope you got a deal that is suitable for you.

Jon