cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Transfer eSIM on iOS 14

Jaack
Visitor

Does EE support transferring your eSIM to a new device?

Apple shared new documentation on how to do this on iOS 14: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT210655

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jaack   Not that I’m aware of you’ll need to request a QR code.  EE might support after the next iPhone is released but that’s a guess. 

vale333
Explorer

Really hope they include support for the feature by the time the new iPhone is released.

Last year the only frustrating part of the Apple Upgrade Program was the need to go to an EE store afterwards to get a new sim card printed (I had to wait over an hour to get it sorted...). I'm glad to see Apple come up with a solution, hope EE can implement it.

It has to be said, this is NOT a solution for the majority of EE customers.

By virtue that an ESIM is not physical - not having the process to support email or iMessage for these QR codes is frankly staggering.

Forcing people to wait for snail mail or at worst (in current climate) risking visiting a store to replace a virtual element of a phone, is a ludicrous policy.

Vodafone and O2 offer email for QR - this is a total failing of EE in support of a key function for (arguably) a lot of customers.

Yeah - the whole point of an eSIM is ease of transferring between devices, and being able to set one up easily, without having to wait for the post or without having to go into a store.

But EE is stuck in the past with its ridiculous insistence on using a paper eSIM pack, so they're actually less transferrable and more of a pain to deal with than physical SIM cards, which is just moronic.

I'm having to replace my iPhone 12 Pro - so it'll be yet another trip to the EE store to get another eSIM pack (unless they've suddenly started supporting transferring eSIMs with iOS 14 in the last week). I won't hold my breath though.

I called 150 and EE agent texted me a link to Apple's site with instructions to do the transfer, but my line shows as non-transferable on the new device.

Did they? They obviously didn't know what they were on about as EE doesn't support that iOS 14 feature for some bizarre reason.

You have to get a new eSIM pack to transfer to a new phone, so you either get one from a store for free or you can order one here and they charge you £1.50 for the privilege.

It's unnecessarily inconvenient, and quite frankly, very lazy of EE, as they've had two years to sort this out, since the XS first supported eSIMs.

Lets hope it's improved by next year...

This policy is utterly bonkers. Couldn’t quite believe it when I ended up reading this after a failed transfer using the native iOS 14 method (which couldn’t be easier, were EE to support it). Not only is this incredibly inconvenient to have to do every time one gets a new phone (annually for me), it’s environmentally wasteful, and just plain annoying for the customer. Not to mention dangerous in the current climate. Something that could be done in an instant drawn out into days. The very definition of poor customer service.

And of course now all the shops are shut here in the west of Scotland. I’ll be damned if I’m paying £1.50 to get one sent out in the post. I’ll be calling tomorrow and expect to have one sent out free of charge. But that’s going to be a couple of days minimum before I’m back up and running. Disgrace.