cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Sim not recognised

Wendywoo4
Explorer

Hi, my husband had a very old Nokia phone on payg. It will no longer switch on, so bought a cheap no sim  Nokia 216 to replace. When the SIM card from his old phone inserted, it still says no sim and can not receive calls or can only come t calls to emergency numbers. The original sin has an orange logo on but was working ok in the old phone. Do I need to purchase a new WE sim card for it to be recognised?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hi, I have now managed to solve the problem. SIM not inserted correctly. Was quite hard and I was worried about damaging the phone, but is now working. Only problem is that contacts have been lost.

Phone purchased through Argos on line as they could deliver the following day.

Thanks though

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Wendywoo4

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Where did you get the new phone from? 

Chris

Hi, I have now managed to solve the problem. SIM not inserted correctly. Was quite hard and I was worried about damaging the phone, but is now working. Only problem is that contacts have been lost.

Phone purchased through Argos on line as they could deliver the following day.

Thanks though
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

That's great the SIM is working, @Wendywoo4

I'm sorry to hear about the contacts. If the phone won't switch on, it's probable you won't be able to get them back, unfortunately.

Chris