cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Always overcharging me on fix contract. Also fake real minutes and gigas package

nicorosi6
Explorer

I've been with EE about 2 years. The first year on pay as you go, using 15 pounds packages or sometimes 20 pounds packages for few more gig's. Lots of times, you buy a package with 20 gigas , supposedly to long for the whole month or at less for few days. Few hours later after just 1 video it's already advising your gigas are about to run out, or straight away you can't load anything not even get a whatsup or facebook message. Same with minutes I use to get 500minutes, and after one or two calls of 3 minutes it was already saying I've used all my minutes.... Then they try to charge you for an add on , and when I did pay another 15 pounds add on for extra gigas it does run out of gigas within a day again. Ridiculous. I call EE and they say excuses or sometimes they give you an extra add on for free, however this problem is recurrently. So I though, maybe on contract will be better... So I signed for a 22pounds a month, year and a half contract. So, over this time, they charged me 22 pound I think 3 or 4 times in 18 month. The rest of the times they charged me, 44pound, 35 pounds... When I ask them about it, since my contract is fix 22pounds and I have blocked any special calls, they try to blame it to my usage without explaining me why? If my internet runs out I'm just not allowed to use anymore, and I can't call special numbers so how? No explanation but they still over charging me every month. They never tried to help with that and when you go to the store they tell you need to call EE, and when you call EE their customer service it's horrendous and they either hang up on you, or tell you to go to the store. A joke. Also, when I asked how much is it the penalty fee to cancel my contract after one year due to this experience and remaining another 6month contract they told me if I leave they still charge me the 6 month this was the penalty fee. So I stayed the 6 month, and on the last month I got a last payment of 44 pounds. I did paid that, and then an operator called me the next day saying I need to pay 5 pounds more. So I paid over the phone to avoid problems even thought they are c.... So guess what: two years later I check my credit score and I never missed a payment with any company or anything but appears I have a miss-payment which became a defaulted payment with EE of 10.93. This put me on the blacklist and now even If I always paid all my bills and contracts I have saved for a deposit but I can't borrow a mortgage because of this. When I ask EE they tell me it was a last payment for closure the account. I try to tell them I did my last payment of 44 pounds plus another 5 pounds the following day which appears on my bank statement but apparently they tried to contact me yet a week later for another payment too. I was already in a different phone company much better any other company than EE. Completely joke. And my contract with them was meant to be 22 pounds...

2 REPLIES 2
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @nicorosi6 ,

Welcome to the community,

Did you ever look at your bill to see what the extra charges were? It would have shown up there,

It also depends what you have running in the background, as that will use data. Were all your calls made to UK numbers or were you calling foreign or premium numbers, as that will be extra cost?

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @nicorosi6

As @Schockwave explained, your bills should show you what you've been charged for each month. 

If you're having problems paying your bill, our Mobile Care team are there to help you and run through some options with your plan and bill.

Do you still have an outstanding balance with us?

Chris