cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Reactivate legacy Orange PAYG (pay as you go) mobile number and PAC code

_LV_
Visitor

Hi there,

Appreciate tips from anyone who has successfully reactivated a mobile phone number, especially if you were a legacy Orange PAYG client.

I held my UK number (for a pay as you go account with Orange) while in the United States for several years. For a time, this number was kept active by regular top-ups, although the last one will be well outside the hibernation period. I do not recall receiving a text warning regarding hibernation nor communication regarding the orange / EE transfer.

I am now back in the UK and looking to reconnect with people and personal accounts via this number. As I left the US rather abruptly (due to the covid situation), I did not bring the SIM card associated with the number. The number is still recognised as an orange number when calling the 150/450 lines. There is no connection if I call the number from another line (i.e., it does not appear to be in use).

So my question is whether there is a viable option for reactivating this legacy number, and also requesting a PAC code.

Appreciate this is a stretch, so just looking to ensure all options have been covered before closing the door on this.

Many thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @_LV_

Welcome to the community.

If the last chargeable activity on the number was over 273 days ago, unfortunately the number will be lost.

If you think it may be any less than this, our Customer Care team may be able to help.

Jon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@_LV_ : Not a chance after so long. You've lost it for ever.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @_LV_

Welcome to the community.

If the last chargeable activity on the number was over 273 days ago, unfortunately the number will be lost.

If you think it may be any less than this, our Customer Care team may be able to help.

Jon