cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Paying Old Orange Bill

steveragg
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I have an outstanding balance on an old Orange Mobile account which I was unaware of. I know the phone number. How can I pay the balance? 

Many thanks

Steve

10 REPLIES 10
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @steveragg 

Welcome to the EE Community,

if you received a letter from a collection agency you will need to contact the number on letter otherwise call EE on freephone 0800 956 6000 opt 2 opt 4 and a customer service advisor will be able to speak to the collections team.

Thanks,

David.

Many thanks

Thanks David,

I've spoken to customer services, but nobody was able to find the account that my Debt is linked to. I have the mobile phone number, but not the account number.
Any further help you can give would be appreciated, as this is currently preventing me getting a Mortgage!

Thanks in advance
Steve

@steveragg wrote:

Any further help you can give would be appreciated, as this is currently preventing me getting a Mortgage!

Thanks in advance
Steve

What makes you think an old debt is preventing you from getting a mortgage?

I only ask because this would normally suggest you're looking at your credit reference file. And if there's an entry on there that is believed to be causing issues, I suspect Orange/EE will have long since sold it onto a debt-collection agency - meaning your dealings with need to be with them.

Hi Bristolian - thanks for your reply. It is a credit check issue - and I also thought any debt would have been passed to a collections agency, but I've confirmed with the credit rating agency that its still will EE. The problem seems to be that its an old Orange account and therefore not visible through EE systems. Any further advice would be much appreciated.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @steveragg,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I'd recommend contacting our credit referrals team at crqueries@ee.co.uk for advice. 

They'll be happy to help.

James

James,

Thanks very much for your advice - very much appreciated. I will contact them now.

Thanks again

Steve

James_B
EE Community Support Team

No problem @steveragg 🙂

James

Hi James - thought I would get back to you to let you know that a lady from the credit reference team dealt with my issues extremely quickly and efficiently. Credit file is back to how it should be, and looks like we will get the house! Many thanks for your Xmas saving advice - and wishing you and your family a very happy Xmas yourselves!  Thanks again, Steve