cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Separating 2.4gHz and 5gHz on the new 5GEE Router

boorch
Contributor
Contributor

Hey all!

My new 5GEE router broadcasts over the same SSID for both 2.4gHz and 5gHz.

I can't find any option in the router configuration page to split 2.4 and 5gHz into two separate SSID broadcasts. This causes some issues with some of my deices (some only support 2.4gHZ and some need 5gHZ, and no, the router does not seem to be handling this automatically).

What can I do about this?

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
On other router with combined bands it is usually possible to switch off the 5Ghz band which allows devices with only 2.4 band to connect.
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

It should be possible to achieve this it's just a question of finding the right Settings to split the Band's. Another way may be to go to Renaming of the SSID this may then bring in additional Settings or tick boxes for your specific requirements to Renaming the different Bands and splitting them.

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @boorch ,

Online reports are that the 5GEE Router 2021 is based on the Zyxel NR5103.

The NR5101 manual has the SSID settings under Network Setting > Wireless > General which may be differently located if EE has made modifications.

Another option in the NR5101 manual is Network Setting > Wireless > Guest/More AP which may have a counterpart in your device.

It's possible the service provider has removed or disabled functionality which would otherwise be provided by the OEM in its white label devices.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net