cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Scam

Alan1690
Explorer

The only scam is that ee cannot fix my problem again broadband WiFi going to back to bt oh that's right you are the same but cheaper so where do I phone now ET at least he points the finger at someone a don't want another squad of guy's appearing at my home climbing poles and disappearing down the street coming back and saying that they have found the problem yes they did so why did last until I phoned for a engineer to come and fix it again stop blaming everybody else if you can't do what you said that you can bite the bullet and give me my money back EE T coming home 

8 REPLIES 8
Alan1690
Explorer

Just to let you know that I was stupid aswell to the 600100 number aswell 2 times I've been done 

@Alan1690 : Remind me what 600100 stands for? I don't seem to recollect it.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Alan1690

Thanks for coming to the community. 

If you are having a problem with your broadband, please get in touch with our Broadband Care team they will get this looked into for you. 

Could you let us know some further details on the scam? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

pip11
Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

@Alan1690  It is obvious that you are understandably frustrated and if you have just come here to vent that is fair enough. If you want help though you have to help us to help you.

From what you have posted you seem to think you have purchased a WiFi connection from EE. That would only be the case if you'd purchased 4GEE, otherwise (as it appears) you have home broadband supplied to your home with a wired connection (pugged in to the Master socket).

So, we need to find out if it is a WiFi issue or actual connection issue, The connection stats from the smart hub (or Brightbox) would help. If you have the smart hub (same as BT) log into the router (how to on the label on it) and go to Advanced settings/technical log/information., take a screenshot and post the result.

From there we may be able to advise, it's up to you if you need to do it. If you don't I can practically guarantee I (or other advisors) will be asking you the same over at the BT Community website if you decide to move to BT.

@pip11 wrote:

That would only be the case if you'd purchased 4GEE

That does not follow at all! Many peeps consider that fixed BB is a WiFi connection, little realising that the WiFi is only connecting within their home, not to their ISP & nor what they are paying for.

As for the ISP it is obvious that he is talking about fixed "home broadband supplied to your home with a wired connection (pugged in to the Master socket)". By what other means would there be "squad of guys appearing at my home climbing poles and disappearing down the street coming back and saying that they have found the problem" & an engineer coming to fix it?

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
pip11
Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

It was ovious to me that he was referring to home broadband. I cannot however address the stupidity of customers thinking that by purchasing home broadband they have purchased WiFi.

Both you and I know what they have. Try telling the idiots that though.

It's OK, @pip11 , I heartedly agree. I was just thrown by your use of "only" & "otherwise" in the same sentence.

Unfortunately this is not the BT Community where users are more BB-centric but EE users tend to be mobile-centric.. 

pip11
Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

All I want to establish is if the OP wants assistance or has just come here to vent (we get that on the BT forum too sometimes).