cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung galaxy fold z release

Halfman
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I have pre ordered the fold z and had conflicting information from EE, such as the 18,21 September and we have no date so no one should be giving out a date is what I have been told.

Do we have a confirmed ee release date as to when I will get my product

Thanks

719 REPLIES 719

just got mine guys also. Don't give up to the rest of you I hope you get it soon. 

Phone cases any recommendations?

Tia 

Truckergod
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Not many case options at the moment. You have over priced Samsung. Look on ebay they have a few options available.

I'm going with film protector on outside and a leather sleeve

Truckergod
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I ordered a sleeve off amazon. Was also thinking about getting a skin for phone as well

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi everyone,

We know that there has been some confusion around the delivery timescales for the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 device.

We had not received the shipments that we had expected from Samsung which has caused some knock-on delays in fulfilling pre-orders.

This is unfortunately out of our control, but we will be sending handsets out as soon as we receive them and in the order that they were purchased. We have not been given exact dates so we are unable to give a specific answer on individual orders.

Thanks.

Leanne.

Rachel1977
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

On my dispatch tracking it says dispatched on the 17th September! 🤷‍♀️

mikeyhmikey12
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Rachel1977 I'm just glad my device is finally on its way 😂 I keep checking DPD just to make sure lol

Rachel1977
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@mikeyhmikey12 me too 🤣 so close now!!

ziggymon
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Leanne_T 

Hi Leanne _ T 

Thank you for an official statement. This would have been infinitely better for the mental wellbeing of customers who preordered and the CS staff if this statement went out on Friday 18th September rather than Tuesday 22nd at 4pm. 

For everyone else. I managed to get an update from my contact on EE who has managed to pass on some information regarding the inaccurate FCFS pre -order system and the good will gestures that Samsung have distributed to customers for being 48 hours late with pre-orders. 

It still is being looked into and believe that it could possibly have been DPD selecting orders at random. However, no one knows why orders later than others got devices earlier. It is officially an ongoing investigation. 

For the extras Samsung has given. It's officially been passed on to the senior levels from what I can understand and it will be looked into for customers. 

I've also asked that official statements be put onto CS phone as an automated message just like the Apple Watch orders had if there was any issue coming 24 hours before release. In addition to some form of official statement giving a timeframe. 

I've also asked that if EE cannot get pre-orders out on time then they need to be clear that pre-orders need to be in a 1 week window. (For example pre-order now to guarantee it in launch week rather than say nothing). 

Im still compiling stuff from you all for the other investigation into CS misinformation but a massive thank you so far as without everything we have gathered, I don't think they would even consider listening. 

As for compensation, EE still putting a limit of £30 off a bill for upset caused. If you can get more or offered more then it's up to you if you want to take it. However, the other stuff is still being investigated and I will get back with any information. 

Thanks

Truckergod
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I think we should get the exact some compensation as samsung customers got for this whole mess. Shouldn't matter what site u pre ordered with IMO. So hopefully we will end of with some freebies as well