cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung galaxy active 2 roaming

Bongoman9
Investigator
Investigator

I bought a Samsung galaxy active 2 along with a 4g contract for the watch so I could use my watch without the phone. I did this in good faith having researched the watch and confirming that the watch has roaming capabilities. I’m now spending at least six months away from the UK and my minutes and data are all included in my roaming package. But EE advised me that the watch will not work outside of the UK. This wasn’t made clear when I bought the watch. The watch is now just a watch and I can’t make calls on it. I’m still paying for the ability to use data and calls on the watch. This is really unfair as the watch is fully capable of roaming and it’s only EE blocking it. When will EE provide the calls and data that I’m paying for?

12 REPLIES 12
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bongoman9,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you weren't advised that you can't roam with your smart watch plan.

You can still use most of the features while connected via Bluetooth.

James

I bought the plan to use the watch without the phone. I've got roaming included with the plan and I'm paying for it. The watch has roaming enabled. The contract I am paying for includes roaming. EE is blocking roaming on the watch. I was never advised of this. EE is in breach of contract. EE must explain themselves rather than saying "sowwee". So come on EE, explain yourselves before I take legal action. 

@Bongoman9 no watch has the roaming ability and they are for UK use only. 

Roaming is not a paid feature of any tariff for any device so I don’t know why you believe you paid/paying for it.     If you want to take legal action that’s your prerogative but it won’t get roaming enabled on the watch.  

Perhaps you should look at THIS as it is advertised as not being possible to work on a roaming network. 

As for you was never advised of this did you ask ?  

roaming is also for short stays abroad ( no longer than 2 months)  

Before I took out the contract I checked what it provided. The contract provided inclusive minutes and data in the country I was travelling to. I took out the contract with EE on this basis. Now EE refuse to fulfil this contract. I will take legal action to recover my costs and take out a contract with a different provider who can provide what I want. 

@Bongoman9  EE don’t offer The family plans for this watch they only offered personal paired plans so I don’t why you think you got a Sim only contract just for this watch that has its own separate allowances from your phone tariff.  

all Samsung watch tariffs are link to your phone tariff allowance they don’t have their own allowance.   The watch has its own data allowance and that’s all and this is for uk use only.  

Who are these people on here responding to my question? They know nothing about the contract I’ve signed with EE, and no idea what EE agreed to provide me in return for a monthly fee. The watch is on a contract for the physical watch itself and for calls and data. It’s linked to my sim only phone contract. Why is one of you wittering on about “family” contracts? Why are the respondents so aggressive? 

I bought the watch so I could leave my phone at home. I can turn off my phone, leave it in a draw and forget about it and do everything on my watch, well in England I could. I’ve got unlimited data and calls on my phone sim and this includes European roaming and includes the country I’m in. These unlimited calls and data are also carried over to my watch. My watch is set up for roaming. So the watch is physically capable of roaming and my plan has roaming enabled. My phone works overseas, so why are the linked calls and data on my watch not working overseas? It’s all included in the contract I have. Why is EE baring this paid for service?

James_B

Hi @Bongoman9,

As mentioned in the article @Chris_B shared with you, we do not offer a connected watch plan that includes the ability to roam on overseas networks.

The technology that allows your calls to be forwarded to your watch requires the watch to be connected to the EE network in the UK. It simply isn't possible to activate roaming on your connected watch at this time.

I'm very sorry if this wasn't made clear when you made your purchase and our Customer Care Team will be happy to look into your complaint if you get in touch.

James

The watch has a roaming function which I have enabled. Why is EE blocking it?

James_B

Hi @Bongoman9,

I understand your frustration that you can't use your watch's 4G connectivity while you are overseas.

Although your watch has a roaming toggle built into the software by the manufacturer, roaming is not possible at a network level at this time.

James