cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Smart Watch Plans at end of contract

jonedwardsorg
Contributor
Contributor

My Samsung Active 2 watch is coming to end of 24 month contract as I bought it from EE.

I was told when I bought it that at the end of the contract it would drop to £5 on a month by month basis. Is this correct?

I was also told this is still with unlimited data, not that you can use that much and the calls / texts would come off any limit on the linked mobile.

I ask as others have mentioned there isn't any info on this on your site except a terms & condition PDF and the app gives prices from £1 upwards for apparently the same package.

Any advice from here would be appreciated and a page added to your web site on smart watch end of contract & third party bought one would help lots of your customers.

Many thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@jonedwardsorg  if you do nothing your contract will change a 30 day rolling contract at the same price point you have now it will not change on its own.  You need to give notice to terminate and then take out a 30 day rolling contract for the watch at £7 per month.  The last time I checked it was 10 gig of data.   

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@jonedwardsorg  if you do nothing your contract will change a 30 day rolling contract at the same price point you have now it will not change on its own.  You need to give notice to terminate and then take out a 30 day rolling contract for the watch at £7 per month.  The last time I checked it was 10 gig of data.   

Thanks very much Chris.

Everything appears to have changed since BT bought EE and not in a good way.

Prices gone up and non roll back to non-paying off device prices. The one that BT lead on was inflation+4% increases even within a month of purchase. There explanation does not make sense when the majority of many of our bills is to pay off the device which goes down in value not up in cost as it is already bought.

Anyway thanks again Chris.