cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

SIM not provisioned help

soundslike5
Explorer

I woke up this morning to a message on my phone saying SIM2 not provisioned. I use a dual SIM phone and the EE SIM is my secondary SIM. I use it to receive texts and calls but rarely to make them. I had been receiving texts and calls no problem up until yesterday.

I know that the SIM hadn't been topped up in a while but was still under the impression that I would receive a text to warn me if the number was going into hibernation, and remind me to top it up.

The number no longer exists in MyEE, webchat can't help me because they don't serve pay-as-you-go customers, and I can't phone the helpline (0800 079 8586because it no longer recognises my number when I'm asked to enter it! It's a long shot but is there any way this can be sorted and I can retain my SIM and current EE number?!

4 REPLIES 4
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @soundslike5

Welcome to the community. 

If your account has gone into hibernation, please give us a call on 0800 956 6000, the team will get this looked into for you. 

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

Hi @Leanne_T

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I'm afraid I can't call. I've tried both the phone number in my post and the phone number in yours but I can't get through to anyone without entering an EE phone number. When I enter mine, it's not recognised and the service rejects me.

I presume this means the number's been cancelled and I have no hope of getting it back? Which is frustrating as I was using it with no problems yesterday and had no warning that this would happen.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for trying @soundslike5

I've sent you a private message on here to get some extra details. 

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

Try calling CS on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2 > option 4) . That won't ask for an EE mobile no.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)