cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Remove content lock

Derekmclelland8
Explorer

I’ve asked for content lock be removed 3 days ago and I’m still waiting why is it not offf it was removed bye your college 

5 REPLIES 5
Derekmclelland8
Explorer

I’ve asked for content lock be removed 3 days ago and I’m still waiting why is it not offf it was removed bye your college 

Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Derekmclelland8   From within the my EE app go to Settings>Restrictions >Content Restrictions.   Can you toggle it off ?     If not you’ll have to call customer services to request this and you might be asked to pay a refundable token via a credit/debit card. 

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Derekmclelland8 : Are you on contract or PAYG? On PAYG you can't control Content Lock from your MyEE. Instead you need to call EE with a credit card handy & pay a refundable token amount to prove you are over 18.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

What happens if you don't have a credit card, how can content lock be removed?

If no Credit Card, you should be able to walk into any EE Shop and ask them to arrange this by showing your Photo ID or Age Related Proof Document.