cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

unlocking a Huawei Mediapad T3

iambbp1
Investigator
Investigator

I'm trying to get the sim lock removed on my Huawei Mediapad T3 tablet but i've been waiting a month and each time EE keep saying they have wrong imei yet i give them the right code for what seems like the 10th time and I don't have any code, its a week since i last spoke to someone at the sim unlock department. 

Why is EE so slow, and not treating customers very well? 30 days to remove a sim-lock??!!

VERY UNHAPPY.

6 REPLIES 6
iambbp1
Investigator
Investigator

i should say its my old ee tablet which i want to give to a member of the family to use but can't, its so embarrassing when its 30 days and yet i was told 10 days max

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Where did you yourself get this device itself originally? Did you buy it yourself new direct from EE or from a 3rd-party reseller or is it 2nd-hand? The unlocking process & costs are different. Was it originally on contract or PAYG? How old is it? EE won't unlock contract devices less than 6 months old.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Have you actually tried a different Network SIM because I didn't think the Huawei Tablets were Sim Locked.

The tablet was one i had on contract i got from ee store in Camberley. I changed to a new tablet at contract end and want to get this unlocked. 

i've tried a different sim card, three, and o2 and still it says simlock.

this is direct from ee in store - camberley i took it out on contract so was brand new. 

ee customer service unlocking people said it would take 10 working days its over 10 now and i still don't have it unlocked, though its over 40 days since i started trying to get this unlocked. 

bit of a **bleep**ty service really why does it take so long from them to not to it? 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @iambbp1,

I've sent you a private message to grab some details so I can help you with this.

Please check your private message inbox.

Thanks

James