cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Unlock Huawei Router B525s-23a

Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi,

My friend gave me his Huawei Router which is currently locked to EE network. I would like to unlock this to all networks please. How can I do this?

I am unable to get through via Live Chat.

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Profile closed

Thanks for posting on the community. 

I have replied to your private message. 

Leanne. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Leanne_T

Hi @Profile closed

Thanks for posting on the community. 

I have replied to your private message. 

Leanne. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Posted in the open:

@Profile closed wrote:

Hi Ray,

I hope you don't mind me messaging you directly. I saw your posts as EE tech support on the forums.

My friend gave me his Huawei B525s-23a which he used to use when he was living in Belfast.

I am living in the Rep. of Ireland and I am on a different network called GOMO. I would need to unlock the router so that I can use it with my network sim. Is it possible that you could help me to do this? Or how can I?

I tried phoning up 0044 support number from Ireland but my prepaid credit disapperared...I didn't realise I was being charged 1.49/min for the call...oops! The forum seems to be my only mode of contacting you guys to help me with the issue.

#IMEI #############

You can call me +35386******* or email $$$$$$$$$@gmail.com to contact.

Your help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks,

David

I do mind & I don't spend money on overseas calls for the sake of EE. Nor am I EE Tech Support!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I requested the same 3 times and every time they said the support team will call you back but never happened!

Leanne_T

Hi @GBKHMAB

Thanks for coming to the community.

I've sent you a private message on here for some extra details. 

Thanks.

Leanne.