cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Re: Topped up mobile broadband but have no data

Crofter10
Contributor
Contributor

This does not work!. Tried using it to top up and got message saying I need to turn off WiFI. If I turn off Wi Fi I lose the internet, Very clever EE

5 REPLIES 5
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Crofter10

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Did you use this link My EE - Anonymous Top up?

Thanks. 

Leanne. 

Crofter10
Contributor
Contributor

The pages from EE tell me that I have to "turn off wifi" and then continue. But if I do that I cannot access the internet. Not very clever! 

Crofter10
Contributor
Contributor

I may well be joining you in moving. It is actually easier to use non EE websites to top up!

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Crofter10 : It really means disconnect from your fixed BB router. You still need to connect by WiFi to your mobile router. What it's getting at is to come off your fixed BB & go to connecting by SIM. It's stupid mobile-centric EE mixing up WiFi with BB.

That link does not top you up but lets you buy more data with whatever credit you have. To top-up that credit 1st use the link @Leanne_T gave you.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Crofter10,

add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase is zero rated so you can always access it over mobile data.

Hope this helps.

James