cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

49 days total loss of service & they've messed up the automatic compensation

leighb3ta
Visitor

After a huge storm I lost my phone line & my broadband. It took them 49 days to fix the phone, & then send a another router, & after 53 days the broadband started working again. During this time they billed me twice & threatened me with a debt collector if I didn't pay, while I've spent over £200 on data to keep my EE mobile online.

And then they offer me a grand total of £8.06 in compensation. I mean that's a joke right?

Firstly it was 49 days, not 41. And it should be £8.06 per day! PER DAY according to their own rules, but they can't even get that right.

And my bill still stands at the same price so they haven't even adjusted it for the paltry £8.06 the've offered.

c8a9d3aef736da0bbf454856898972c943716466

2 REPLIES 2
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @leighb3ta ,

That sounds like an awful customer experience. Have you already cross referenced with the below link to calculate what you might be owed? I would recommend approaching it as a simple error where EE's adviser has accidentally omitted to multiply by the number of days.

You may wish to read the terms and conditions carefully to see if there are exclusions for natural events outside of the service provider's control but in light of the apparent error, I feel you should be able to negotiate whatever amount is promised in the below given the goodwill which should be present at this time of the year.

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/broadband-and-landline/home-broadband/automatic-compensation

Assuming you pay by Direct Debit, it sounds like any failure to pay would be EE's fault in failing to adjust the debit. If you have cancelled a Direct Debit and threatened not to pay, that would weaken your position and you would be less likely to be compensated for anything. You should advise EE of the amounts you spend to stay connected to the internet and should aim to request either that full amount or a percentage of that amount depending on the strength of your negotiating position.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @leighb3ta

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Please give us a call on 0800 079 8586 and the team will get this looked into for you. 

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.