cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Promise to pay

LewisPDMoore
Investigator
Investigator

I’ve arranged with EE over live chat about my payments and they’ve offered me a ‘Promise to pay’ on December 8th which I am absolutely meet.

I contacted EE the first time and asked them to extend my payment date from November 19th to December 8th so I can both keep my services on and also keep my credit score as clean as possible and they’ve reassured me my credit will be fine. Fast forward a few days later I contacted EE again today just to make sure everything was on the system.

While everything was indeed on the system they’ve now changed their mind and said I would receive a ‘Late’ payment report on my credit which is worrying. Unexpected costs came up this month meaning I had to pay out more then I had to for an urgent personal matter.

I am just trying to see if this will indeed effect my credit or so long as I pay the amount on the promise date my credit will be fine.

Please someone let me know. Really appreciate it. Thank you!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@LewisPDMoore  A late payment even if you’ve arranged a late payment will always be a late payment as you are breaking the T&Cs of the contract and 

this arrangement will only stop your line from being disconnected.  You also requested the original late payment date be purchased back further still.  Where does EE draw the line with someone breaking the contract agreement.  

what a recommended you do is call customer services and explain you can not afford to pay the contract and  hopefully an agreement will be arranged where you will probably pay less per month but you might be over a longer period of time.   

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @LewisPDMoore 

You will need to speak to EE as there is no account access on these forums. Use 150 or chat.

If your payment is late why would you not expect a late payment to on your credit report? That's how your credit report works to allow people know your ability to repair debt. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

That’s funny? Because when I’ve done this once before with a company I’ve never had this.

I’m not saying I’m not open to a late report. I’m mad that they changed their mind and didn’t decide to tell me this the first time. But I’ll contact them myself and if I have to go if I have to go without food to maintain my report I am prepared for this.

Thanks.

@LewisPDMoore  A late payment even if you’ve arranged a late payment will always be a late payment as you are breaking the T&Cs of the contract and 

this arrangement will only stop your line from being disconnected.  You also requested the original late payment date be purchased back further still.  Where does EE draw the line with someone breaking the contract agreement.  

what a recommended you do is call customer services and explain you can not afford to pay the contract and  hopefully an agreement will be arranged where you will probably pay less per month but you might be over a longer period of time.   

First of all I get more then enough but I had to pay a lot of this due to a break in which resulted in damages. Second the bill will be paid on the normal date to avoid a late payment report. So you can quit your recommendations because I've already sorted it.

So like I said none-essentials such as food will be postponed. I appreciate the responses though.

@LewisPDMoore  It’s a suggestion based on what you’ve put already if you don’t want any help as that is what this forum is all about than don’t ask for help on here.  It’s quite simple really.  

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LewisPDMoore

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Have you spoken to our Mobile Care team and got this sorted? 

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,

Yes I have. They've explained it all to me as they forgot to send me the promise to pay agreement they forgot to send me when I requested an extended pay. Thank you for your kind response.

Lewis.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Glad you got this sorted and thanks for letting me know @LewisPDMoore

Leanne 🙂

@Chris_B I do apologises I was being stressed and should not have put it towards you. Thank you for taking the time to help.

Regards,

Lewis