cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Not pleased with Bose headphone downgrade from model 700 to Quiet Comfort 45

Disco77
Visitor

I was a Pixel 1 owner and very happy with that until the battery performance became very poor, only this year so it did very well!  Was making do with very nice Huawei Mate 20 X until i dropped it and broke the screen. My OCD will not let me look it now so spent some time comparing new handsets that would suit my needs. I was struck by the looks and AI interface promise of the Pixel 6 but what really swung it was the offer of a set of Bose 700 headphones.  Now I find after waiting the advised time to make my claim that the 700s are no longer available and that instead I will be getting a set of Bose Quiet Comfort 45s and a £50 Google Voucher.  I am really not happy with this, I am a bit of an Audiophile and in my personal opinion the soundscape on the 45s are not even close to the 700s. Lack of stock quoted, so how come I can buy 700s from Bose direct right now?  Why should I put up with a lesser offer than what I agreed to when purchasing my Pixel 6.  I have no doubt there is small print that covers Googles sharp practice but I would of thought EE would do better to ensure promises are kept. £50 doesnt buy anything any good on Google, could of least provided a set of small in ear eaphones as a sweetner, as it is I feel very bitter and somewhat annoyed by Googles duplicity or poor stock quantity forecast.   Am i the only one?     

1 REPLY 1
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Disco77  The free gift is while stocks last of the supply of the gift  (what you can purchase yourself doesn’t come in to it ). so actually they don’t have to send you a substitute at all.    And the offer is supplied by Google not EE EE only participated in bring that offer to you.  Please see THIS