cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Problem sending text messages

Firebird7777777
Explorer

For the last month when I try to send text messages (iPhone) at home it takes ages then fails. To be able to send them I have to go into another room where the router is and stand right in front of the router to enable my text messages to send. (My roaming is off and so is wi-fi hotspot). Any ideas why this is happening?

15 REPLIES 15
All up-to-date

If sending text messages works via the mobile network in other locations, and WiFi-calling is working for voice calls, then text messages shouldn't be any different either...Assuming that all device config & settings are correct.

I'm not sure whether this helps solve the issue here, but on a point of "how the network works", is perhaps worth reminding.

Hi

Looks like it’s an EE coverage issue which has been going on since February, always used to be good? Checked now and says “good coverage outside but inside variable”. (I am unable to get 5G in my area).
Don’t know why EE coverage has dropped always used to be good - may look at other mobile network providers.

Thank you for your help.
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Firebird7777777

Thanks for coming back to the community. 

Can you make and receive calls? 

Do we have any problems reported for the area on the Coverage and Network Status Checker, if you select 'Check Network'

Thanks.

Leanne 🙂

Thanks for responding.
Yes I can make and receive calls, but only upstairs - with or without wi-fi calling enabled.
I have checked coverage and network status for EE 4G and it seems I am on a reduced coverage (light blue shading for my area).
It was all great until earlier on this year.
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @Firebird7777777

If you would like to get this looked into further our Tech Gurus will be happy to help, if you give them a call on 150. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.