cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Problem sending text messages

Firebird7777777
Explorer

For the last month when I try to send text messages (iPhone) at home it takes ages then fails. To be able to send them I have to go into another room where the router is and stand right in front of the router to enable my text messages to send. (My roaming is off and so is wi-fi hotspot). Any ideas why this is happening?

15 REPLIES 15
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Firebird7777777 

Welcome to the community

Are these text messages you're trying to send, or Apple iMessages?

Text messages send over the mobile network (or WiFi-calling), so if you can make or receive calls then texts shoul be fine. Is your phone showing network coverage?

Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Firebird7777777 , Has this happened recently and just with INessage? I have read that there has been a problem with sending text messages with IMessage or has this been ongoing for a while?

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

@Firebird7777777   Are the text messages bubbles blue or green?   If there blue it’s an iMessage your sending if it’s green it’s a text message.  iMessage only send to other Apple devices text messages will send to any phone including iPhones if iMessage are not enabled on your device or the recipient device. 

Sending Texts via iphone-to-iphone are fine because iMessage is turned on, but sending text to anything else fails! These Texts should go through on my monthly allowance?! but keep failing? unless I stand directly in front of my router.
All Text messages send fine when I am out and about.
I am showing network as EE

Any further 💡 ideas please?

@Firebird7777777  it sounds like your sending text via the WiFi calling service.   Can you turn off WiFi calling on your device,  you’ll find this in Settings>Phone>WiFi Calling and try again. 

Yes wi-fi calling has always been off
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Firebird7777777,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Does turning on WiFi Calling help?

James

Unfortunately no, I’m still stumped as to the cause of this issue.
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Firebird7777777,

Are there any carrier updates available in Settings > General > About?

James