cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

PAYG not connecting to network

Trussell
Investigator
Investigator

Hi 

I'm an expat and I've recently travelled to the uk for two weeks and my PAYG sim isn't connecting to the network (no data inbound/outbound calls) - even after topping up I still can't use my phone.

I understand inactivity on the sim post 6 months can diasable it? I have tried ringing EE and I keep getting hung up for 24hrs now with an automated message as they are too busy. 

This is quite concerning as there is literally no way to fix this, and considering that my contact number for my passenger location details is my uk PAYG number , I could potentially be in some trouble.

If anyone has any advice as to what to do then that would be appreciated 

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Trussell : Is this a new SIM you just bought here or 1 you took out & back with you? How long have you had it?

If the latter, when did you last use it for a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi. This is a sim I've had for a while and indeed yes it'll be more than 6 months since there was any action on it.

However, if it is deactivated, then how was I able to top up? (It was done via my acc online)

Is there any way to solve this? I would ring tech support / customer service but they keep hanging up!

Topping-up now is too late once it's gone into hibernation.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

So the £35 I spent yesterday has been lost? If I log on to my account the balance is there.

Appreciate you help

If it's still within the further 3 months you can get it reactivated, you'll get that credit back.

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Trussell 

Please read this guide which will help.

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/What-is-pay-as-you-go-and-flex-hibernation-and-how-do-I-...

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Thanks everyone for the help, I'll look into this more