cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Network Down

Zabrian
Investigator
Investigator

I am visiting the UK and the facilities offered bt 4GEE WI-FI MINI seemed adequate for my data requirements over the few weeks I am here.

For 9 days the system worked well then, surprisingly, a message appeared saying I had no data left on the unit. I am not a heavy user but I went and topped up the Gbytes but am still unable to connect.

After 24 hours the WI-FI MINI is still not connecting. I am unable to get an understandable response from the EE website telling me there is or is not a network problem.

To get this message on the net I have had to borrow a neighbour’s Wi-Fi.

is there something I am not doing to resurrect my service or is there a serious problem with the EE network around Tarporley near Chester?

9 REPLIES 9
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Zabrian   You say BT 4GEE WI-FI MINI but what sim is in the device?  Is it a BT sim or an EE sim ?  BT own EE but they are two separate networks. 

Hi Chris_B,

The “offered bt” is a typing error, it should be “offered by”.

The 4GEE WI-FI MINI comes as a kit with the associated SIM card in the box, obviously an EE card.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for clarifying, @Zabrian.

If you go to our add-on status page whilst connected to the 4G device, does it show that you have an allowance left?

Chris

Hi Chris,

When the problem started yesterday, there was a message stating I was out of data so I went to the local store and topped up £20 worth of data.

In the settings on my iPad, the Wi-Fi has a tick against the 4GEE but underneath it says “no internet connection”.

I am unable to connect the 4G unit to try your advice, I am using my iPad on a neighbour’s Wi-Fi at the moment for any messages.

Brian

Christopher_G

OK thanks, @Zabrian,

Have you tried restarting the router? There should be a button on it.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I have done that and had it unplugged for an hour, nothing worked. I will take it to the EE store tomorrow, when they open, to see if they can repair it.

Brian

Christopher_G

Fingers crossed they can get it working for you, @Zabrian

Let us know what happens.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Went to the EE shop and to be honest I think they were also learning the procedure.

Eventually they logged onto the account associated with my WI-FI MINI and stored there was £20 credit unallocated. Listed on the page were “top up” buttons and I had to select the £20 button and the Gbytes were then credited to my account.

I used the local Co-op to buy the top up, it thus seems that this only credits the account but does not allocate the data - very strange and complicated. You have to be on line to select the data package.

in future I believe online top ups to be the solution.

I think that EE should explain the process in the documentation provided with the product, it would have saved me a lot of time over the weekend. Even the Helpdesk in South Wales could not help.

Bri@n

Leanne_T

Hi @Zabrian

Thanks for coming back and letting us know. 

Leanne 🙂