cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Re: Old sim not registered on network

Pasholbl
Explorer

And new ordered sim gonna be with a same number ?? Dont think so.. we need same number we have things registered  to !

5 REPLIES 5
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Pasholbl 

If you order a replacement SIM via EE for one that has been lost or stolen, or that you are buying a new phone with a different size.. then your replacement SIM will have the same number as the previous one.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Only if you are upgrading your plan, not buying any-old SIM.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Pasholbl
Explorer

Please DO NOT DELETE MY COMMENTS.  😑 Now, this topic has to be addressed properly, not with a 1 useless reply that doesn't  even answer the question that person is asking ! 😃 WE NEED SAME NUMBER TO BE ACTIVATED AGAIN. What's  not clear about it ? How to do it ? Or its already been sold to another person and You can't take it back anymore ? 🤔 I guess I should try disturbing that person if there is one, to send me my goddamn links that apps are sending me in order to login..🤷🏻‍♂️ Or there is a way to send me a  new sim with a same phone number i needed ? If so, just let as know . Ty.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Pasholbl.

Do you currently have access to your number and just need a new SIM, or do you not have access to your number at all?

Is your number on pay as you go?

Jon

Hi @Pasholbl ,

If your SIM is Pay As You Go and you have not used it for a long time, it's possible the SIM has been deactivated and your old number may have been given to another customer who may have been using it for quite a long time now

This is similar to the behaviour of all other service providers in regards to inactive accounts and SIMs as shown in the below link.

If you do not want to risk losing an important number, I highly recommend to take a cheap pay-monthly contract SIM-only.

https://kenstechtips.com/index.php/payg-inactivity-account-termination-and-credit-expiry

Your best chance would be to contact EE to see if your number is in hibernation and might be recovered for you. I believe you would need to have used the number within the last 279 days to have a chance (based on reading recent posts on these forums).

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net