cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

How to apply a top up voucher via text message from a different network

JackB
Investigator
Investigator

Hi.

Does anybody know how to top up a PAYG EE phone with a voucher via the text option from another mobile network?

I'm aware that the top up voucher can be applied by texting VO [voucher] [MSISN] to 150 but this can only be sent if the senders mobile is on EE. 

I have tried sending it to 07973100150 from another network but this fails.  

What I am after is an alternative long number instead of 150 so I can send the text message from another network.

Many thanks

Simon

5 REPLIES 5
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @JackB

Thanks for coming to the community. 

You can find details in our How to top-up a pay as you go phone, Help page. 

If you need any further help please call us on 0800 079 8586 from any other phone. 

Thanks. 

Leanne. 

Hi Leanne.

Thank you for your reply.  I understand how to top up. My question is there an alternative to 150 for sending a top up?  I want to know if its possible to text from another network. If the other person is on another network then they wouldn't be able to text to EE's 150.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Just not possible! As to be expected, EE's Text Service to 150 only works over the EE mobile network from the device involved.

You can top-up another's EE phone, not with a voucher but by using Fast Top Up online with a UK bank card for any EE no. 

Just don't buy top-up vouchers if you are coming from another network.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@JackB   No that’s not possible as the text needs to go to 150 and from an EE sim that will go to EE.   There is no other way to top via voucher through a different network via text. 

@mikeliuk : 

1. Your 1st method I've already mentioned.
  2. Your 2nd method is the one already queried by the OP & as stated is impossible from another network.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)