cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

PAC when not account holder

Honeybadgernat
Visitor

Good afternoon, but if a difficult situation. I have had my current number for over 8 years, the account is in my ex husband’s name and is due to end in September. He is refusing to get the PAC code for me to be able to keep my number, or switch it to PAYG and I am wondering if anything can be done (I have been paying him for my bill each month) but as he knows the number is important to me he is refusing to get it sorted for me. I cannot use the text Service as there are more than 2 devices on the account. 😞 

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Honeybadgernat  If you are not the account holder you can not request the PAC code unless you have permission to speak with customer services from the account holder.    if the account holder is being awkward all you can do is take out a new contract in your own name this will obviously have a new number.  You’re device isn’t even in your name so you are not responsible for the bills of that device. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hello @Honeybadgernat 

Welcome to the EE community.

I suspect that, legally, your options may be limited here. If your phone is in your ex-husband's name, then in law he is responsible for it and is free to manage it as he sees fit.

Ideally, you would perform a change-of-ownership, but this would require the consent of the "donating" account holder as well as willingness to "receive" on your part.

If the number wasn't important to you, I would suggest that you simply stop paying the bills out of your account and leave the account holder to worry about the resulting issues. As to whether that will complicate issues or not, is something only you can decide!

I do sympathise and hope you sort something out.