cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Activation abroad

Sparkesy
Visitor

So I am registered with EE Business and unfortunately had to have my iphone handset replaced. I went in store for a replacement esim. I scanned the QR code and waited 7hrs. As I was due to go aboard the next morning I chased activation with customer services who advised I go to a store before they close. Despite attempts in store in conjunction with a further call to customer services whilst there, still no activation and told I would have to see out 24hrs. Since then despite further calls to customer services, where I was told I would have to get a QR emailed to me, and then having a sim sent to my registered address when I asked for an esim, followed by another call to correctly get a QR code for an esim, then a 3rd call to activate the esim I was eventually told it was all pointless because activation cannot happen whilst I’m abroad. 
EE had the opportunity to do the activation correctly whilst I was in the UK and got even got a second bite at the cherry but still couldn’t do it right. Now I’ve been left high and dry for 10days with no ability to make calls or receive data meaning I cannot set up my phone, access my iCloud data, Or any apps, meaning I have no access to money etc. This doesn’t even include the business I am probably losing due to clients not being able to contact me. 
And all I get is Sorry!

1 REPLY 1
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Sparkesy  you need a sim to move your number from the sim to the eSim.  When scanning a QR code without a sim in the device it can not activate the eSim as it’s not got anything to move to the eSim. the QR code it’s just activation process within the device.