cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Order not despatched yet

Chris120
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, I have made an online order for a pay as you go phone 48 hours ago I had one email confirming a successful order but I'm waiting for it to despatch also it hasn't even taken my £120 out of my account. Anyone know if this is normal in the current climate or is something wrong?

7 REPLIES 7
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Chris120

Welcome to the community 🙂

Thanks for ordering the pay as you go phone.

Which phone did you order?

Once your order is processed the money will be taken and the phone will be dispatched for you.

Speak soon.

Leanne.

Ok, so I called customer services they talked to "digital sales" they said they couldn't find an order with the reference number I gave them and advised me to order it again. So I tried to order it again but it was different process. I was ordering a pay as you go galaxy a20e but they were asking for credit check information which they didn't ask for before. I am unemployed but they were forcing me to put employment details that I don't have and asking for date I joined bank etc as if I was trying to buy a contract but I'm not it was 100% a buy now transaction which is weird so I was forced to buy a phone from eBay instead. 

Leanne_T

Hi @Chris120

I am very sorry to hear this.

The EE Shop will ask for payment details for the phone and top up, but no credit check would be required if you are purchasing a pay as you go phone.

If you need any help in future let us know 🙂

Leanne.

It said pay now £119.99 pay monthly £0.00 but alas the credit check info was needed for some bizarre reason website error not mine. I'm annoyed seeing as I had a successful orderb2 days ago that just vanished and now this! Poor customer service just shrugged there shoulders and said try again only for the website to be making some kind or mistake

Leanne_T

Hi @Chris120

I am very sorry to hear this.

I would ask you to try clearing cookies and cache and visiting the EE Shop in a different web browser to see if this showed the pay as you go option, however I have read you have now purchased the device elsewhere, I am sorry I could not help you get this sorted.

If you do need anything else, please let me know.

Leanne.

Haha typical, blame anyone but yourselves. No it was EEs problem and they have lost a sale. I'm over it now no need to reply tata

Leanne_T

I really do apologise @Chris120

Take care.

Leanne.