cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Order Awaiting Confirmation

dixonnegan91
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I placed an order for an upgrade on Thursday last week for the iPhone 11 Pro Max Space Grey 64gb. The phone was low in stock but there was still stock available.

Friday came and I'd received my confirmation email but couldn't track my order so I spoke to three different members of staff in the hopes that they might be able to help me.

I was advised by the first gentleman that there was no order on my account but he couldn't help as he was working from home.

The second girl was very helpful on here, she arranged a call back for me.

The third gentleman, who I spoke to on Friday evening said that it was a sim-only order, to which I corrected him. He then re-ordered the phone for me but by this point he said it was now out of stock and I would have to wait until new stock came in.

As you can imagine I wasn't very happy as I'd ordered one while they were in stock and due to some error on EE's part, the phone was then allocated to someone who ordered after me. 

I received a new order number and today have attempted to track my new order - only to find that it says "Awaiting Confirmation". I have been with EE for years now and I've never had issues but it seems like everything seems to be going wrong with this order - my current phone is on the brink of no longer working, it's almost unusable and I ordered the iPhone and was given a delivery time of 24 hours, it's now turned into potentially a week.

I was just wondering why my order is now awaiting confirmation and when I can expect to receive my new phone. I've tried to live chat but can't get through to anyone and I can't call customer services as I work during the week.

Thank you in advance for the help!

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@dixonnegan91  The number you’re trying to track your item with is just an order number not a tracking number and if you can see awaiting confirmation then you need to call customer services as they want to speak with you to confirm something before the order is processed

dixonnegan91
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi Chris, 

Thank you for replying 🙂

I checked earlier, on Friday they sent me a text and in it contained a link. When I click the link, it takes me to the tracking page for my order. It's the Delivery Date that is Awaiting Confirmation, I'm guessing this is due to the phone being out of stock. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @dixonnegan91

I am very sorry to hear the phone is out of stock.

Once we have an update on the order you will receive another email and your order tracker will be updated.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.