cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Nintendo switch delivery

fraserandaimee
Investigator
Investigator

I received a text today saying my Nintendo switch has been delayed due to high demand? Does any know if the original max 30 days will stand as this will bean Xmas present? 

5 REPLIES 5
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

No one here can tell you.

You will need to call CS there is no account access on here.

But the switch is only subject to availability.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

"subject to Availability" is fine, but surely if you were guaranteed upon signing your contract that you were getting one, then you're entitled to one?

I phoned CS twice a week ago, and was told both times that for this offer, they had made sure they had a huge amount of stock and they wouldn't run out- and yet now they're sending out delay texts?

No you are not guaranteed upon signing your contract. Did you not read the T&Cs before signing?

Yes, I did read the general T&Cs. I also read the 'Christmas Gift With Purchase' T&Cs, which do state 'subject to availability & while stocks last'. 

I don't think this means that EE would be allowed to lie to you when you sign up, tell you that there is plenty of stock and tell you, in writing, that your gift will be delivered in 'X' number of days. In my example, I specifically told CS that I wanted to know I was guaranteed I would receive the switch in the 15-30 days, as that was one of the reasons I took my contract.

For the record, I am not suggesting people *won't* receive theirs, and I have no reason to suspect I won't. I'm simply pointing out I don't believe that it's as simple as including the line 'subject to availability' as a get out for providing anyone something they were told they would receive.

Contract law is contract law. Subject to availability means that you will receive on if there is enough availability. It it first come first serve.

I am not saying you wont get one. Your text says it has been delayed so it will be outside the 30 day window by the sounds of it. This text may also be interpretated that EE are sourcing more stock to fulfil all present orders.