cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

4G wifi. Alexa, Switch and some App's

sfog
Visitor

Hi

I have a Huawei 4G router with EE as provider.  I cannot connect Nintendo Switch, Amazon Alexa and some applications will not work.  Laptop and phones work however the app's do not work on these devices either.  Contacted Amazon - unable ot help.  Contacted Huawei who suggested EE...  Any suggestions greatly appreciated.  Ta!

2 REPLIES 2
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @sfog ,

I recommend to check online to see how to access the management page on the router.

An optional step is to check if the router received an IPv4 address from the service provider.

Regardless of the optional step, check if IPV4V6 is specified for the APN and add a new one for IPv4-only if so, using online searches to help. May not solve but it's a good thing to try.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Try as a temporary test to switching the Router to 3G Only (4G Off) and see if it works through a non 4G Gateway.

I'm not familiar with whether Nintendo and Alexa need a fixed IP Address to work correctly or not and the 3G test could answer this.

If it works on 3G but not 4G try, if possible, to change the Profile / APN Settings of your Huawei Router to IPV4 Only, save and reboot the Router.