cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

My EE app still showing the wrong phone

Hans_2000
Visitor

Around 2 months ago I sent my phone off to get its screen repaired and had been using my sim in an old phone for the time being. However when I received my phone back and out my sim back into it, the My EE app is still shows that I’m using the old phone, I’ve tried most of not all of the recommendations already, and yet this still hasn’t changed. So was wondering if EE is able to change it on their side as nothing seems to work?

7 REPLIES 7
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Hans_2000

Thanks for coming to the community. 

This will update for you in due course if you continue to log into the My EE app on the EE network, our Mobile Care team have details of which phone you are using, and this won't affect any details within your app.

Sorry for the delay.

Leanne.

Does it or does it not matter if the app says that I am using a phone that I am not?

wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@James3003.. no it doesn't.  If you went out and bought, say, a used or refurbished phone from a retailer and popped your EE sim card in, EE would have no way of knowing that you had purchased a different device if you think about it.  Your sim card is the main element of your account, the device doesn't affect this.  Hope that helps. 

It does matter,I upgraded to the S21 Ultra, went to add a smart watch to my package and it says my phone is not supported because its showing my old Sony...

Leanne_T

Hi @Nathandezso96

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Does the same message show if you log into your My EE account online and try and order the watch? 

Thanks. 

Leanne. 

I am on a SIM only contract and buy my phones as and when . I changed my phone from an iPhone 6 to an iPhone XR exactly a year ago and it is still displaying the iPhone 6. Told customers services 12 months ago who said it would eventually change.

Suddenly though-last week it started to display iPhone XS and i thought "hurrah"......then this morning it had reverted to back to displaying my old iPhone 6.

Could someone please correct this--there is something seriously stupid going on if the EE party line is " don't worry- we know what phone you are using--your new phone will update  eventually."

It don't. 

Leanne_T

Hi @Teddypaws

I'm sorry we have no account access on the community. 

If you would like to discuss this, please give us a call on 150. 

Leanne.