cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Moving from BT to EE (SIM only, and Broadband)

charleshking
Contributor
Contributor

Good morning all.

I'm moving to EE from BT (a family pack of 4 SIMs and a Broadband Fibre Plus plan)

My Broadband switchover date is the 23rd of November.

I've a few questions 🙂

My four SIMs have arrived already, I have my PAC codes from BT, and I'm wondering if I should activate my EE SIMs right away and start using them, or wait until 23rd?

What's the process for getting the smoothest switch-over of our existing mobile numbers?  I've seen the 'Transfer My Number' guide - is it simply a question of living with up to 24hrs of our mobile numbers being different until the transfer kicks in?  Or should I revert to the BT SIM while that process happens?

I have 4 SIMs which are labelled with four new numbers (I guess allocated by default) does it matter which SIM goes in which phone? I don't see anything to indicate a correspondence with existing numbers.  Incidentally, the PAC numbers from BT are the same for all four of our phone numbers.

If I do activate my SIMs now, will I end up with different billing dates for Mobile and Broadband?

Finally, one of the SIMs was sent by courier, and the other three by post - which seems odd.  Is that usual?

Many thanks for any guidance (while working from home, I'm keen to minimise down time!)

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@charleshking :

1. Your BB & its go live date have no bearing on your SIMs & the porting of their nos. They are independent of each other.
  2. Billing for BB & mobile are entirely separate of each other. However you can arrange with EE to be billed on the same day of the month.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Blimey @XRaySpeX you're a) swift and b) everywhere!

I'll get cracking on the SIMs, then 🙂  

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)