cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Mobile Data Slow

Revan2610
Explorer

Hi,

What exactly is the problem with the EE mobile network in the HA3 area?

Connectivity has been incredibly slow the past few days. When I checked the network status a few days back it said there was a problem and it would be resolved within the next 16 hours.

3 days later it still says the same thing. I am getting 1.4mbps/0.23mbps download/upload speed via 4G - not even getting a 5G signal when I usually do.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Revan2610 ,

Is this the same after every restart of the device and regardless of the time of day, even during quiet early morning and late evening periods?

I would recommend using speedtest.net to obtain links which can be shared to record and prove the problem. You may need to use the desktop version to get a link which can be shared. Currently I find fast.com gives me better performance and you can copy-paste from there. The unloaded and loaded latency will give a clue as to what might be wrong. 32 ms unloaded would be quite a normal number.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Revan2610 

Does the network status checker still report a problem now? Have you used the "keep me posted" link to get updates on the issue?

@mikeliuk Hi, yes it's not a device issue. My daughters live in the same postcode area and they have the same problems as well. Given EE actually have noted on their status page of problems, I would think the issue lays with them. I've done a speedtest.net to get the speeds and while ms and jitter all seem good, its just the download/upload speeds which are terrible.

@bristolian 

eenetwork.png

Yes still the same I'm afraid. I've used their "Keep me posted" links before but it always seems a bit flaky to me. However, I have registered again so we'll see what happens.

Thanks both, for your replies.