cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Manage home broadband - account number 'not valid'!

Judyc54
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

Have registered my mobile online no problem. Now unable to enter my info to My EE to manage my home broadband online, as my account number is not being recognised by EE.  Keep getting a red text message "please enter a valid billing account number", (I am entering the account number given to me by EE, by email and letter). 

Any ideas what I need to do here gratefully received.

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You may use your landline no. instead.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks for your reply.  I should have included in my post that I do not have a landline, or I would have tried this option!  

Then there's nowt for it but to call CS to confirm your account number. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Ok thanks for your response. 

Not much of a good start to a new mobile and broadband contract if they think my account number that they have given me isn't valid, but hey ho what do I know! 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Judyc54

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Have you contacted our customer service team?

Katie 🙂

I'm having the same problem, when I got through to CS the number on my letter worked fine. Trouble is they didn't sort my query despite saying they had, so I've currently been on hold for 40 mins trying to get through again. I'd SO much prefer to be able to manage the account online. Massive waste of everyone's time.