cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Iphone unlock code

DC2000
Investigator
Investigator

Hi.

Called 150 to ask EE to unlock my wife's out of contract pay monthly iphone11.

Got told to do it via the online app or Web. I said no can do because your app/Web portal will allow me to log in, change a password and view account details but nothing else. Get a Sorry you can't do this now type of message.

So guy at EE said fine we will send you an unlock code via email...still waiting after more than 10days. Wife has changed over to new provider and old sim is dead. Not checked if I can dial 150 as yet.

Whats best way forward?

Cheers

11 REPLIES 11
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@DC2000 : Where did you yourself get this device itself originally? Did you buy it yourself new direct from EE or from a 3rd-party reseller or is it 2nd-hand? The unlocking process & costs are different.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @DC2000.

Welcome to the community.

Have you tried to use the new SIM in the phone already?

If you got the iPhone directly from EE, it should of been automatically unlocked 18 months into the contract.

Jon

Hi Guys.

Thanks for both replies.

So I bought the phone originally brand new but cannot recall if it was direct from EE or not. 

Also I have tried the new sim in the device as yet... kinda waiting for the email....I'm gonna guess may not turn up as its nearly 2 weeks now.

Cheers for your help.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Let us know what happens when you try the SIM card in the phone, @DC2000.

Jon

@DC2000 , Have you checked in settings general about to see if it is locked or not? Just scroll down and you will see “Network Provider Lock”, if not locked it will say No Sim restrictions, otherwise it will show as locked to network, hope this helps.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Hi folks.

Just checked settings.....it says it is still sim locked.

Cheers.

Hi @DC2000

Have you been able to try the SIM in the phone yet, or are you still waiting on it? 

Also have you made sure you don't have an email sitting in your junk or a similar folder? 

Thanks 

Chris 

Hi. Sorry was on holiday without phone in question.

So  looked at emails and junk folder...nothing from EE.

Put new sim in phone...says it needs a compatible sim from the network provider.

Put old sim, that is to say the EE one and tried that. Can't even call 150 from it. 

Any thoughts further. Feel like I am screwed over by EE.

Cheers all.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks for coming back to us, @DC2000.

If the phone isn't unlocked and you've also had no communication from our unlocking team, I'd recommend giving us another call.

They will be able to access your account and find out what is happening for you.

Jon