cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Im being over charged for Data

LIAMDABOSS97
Investigator
Investigator

I pay a £23 a month contract and got a text go get unlimited date for only 5 extra a month but im being charged £20

6 REPLIES 6
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @LIAMDABOSS97 ,

Something similar happened to me recently as described at the below link.

I my case I request the correction immediately and reversed the add-on.

In hindsight it's worth contacting EE to get written confirmation they will correct the billing if it bills incorrectly.

You will want to capture screenshots of the offer as I had to send one to an agent investigating in chat. The agent was unable to see such an offer on his system but it's possible the offer might be applied in an unusual way with the prices incorrectly reflected in the interfaces.

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Mobile-Data/Unlimited-Data-Pass-5-per-mth-N4G7F348/m-p/1077702

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

Thanks so much for your reply how did you go about resolving this issue? I'm not sure who I speak to

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @LIAMDABOSS97

Are you being charged £20 extra on top of your £23 contract?

Speak soon, 

Katie.

Hi @LIAMDABOSS97 ,

In my case, I used online chat via "Message us" during office hours: https://ee.co.uk/contact-ee/account-billing/mobile

If you did get charged a total of GBP 20 + GBP 23 = GBP 43, that would be good to confirm.

I believe the default cost for me was GBP 25 for the Unlimited Data Pass but the price dropped to GBP 10 to entice me to take it. I believe these costs were inclusive of VAT with the ex. VAT cost appearing in the app in other places. Other threads mention the first billing might include a month ahead so would be double the single month but this does not explain the value you have quoted.

Potentially if you are willing to take a little risk and get confirmations in writing and records of the situation put on your account, you may be able to secure the price which EE has offered to you. In my case I gave it up as a one-off error.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

Yes that's correct  the bill has gone upto £43 when was £23 got a text saying upgrade to unlimited data for only £5 extra a month 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @LIAMDABOSS97.

I'd recommend getting in touch with our Customer Care team about this.

They will be able to access your account and see what is happening for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Jon