cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

I sent my phone into the EE recycle scheme, I haven’t heard anything?

ErinSisk
Explorer

I sent my phone via special delivery on Tuesday, they should’ve received it on Weds morning. I haven’t heard anything about it yet and just wondered if anyone knew anything? How long does it usually take for them to get in touch?

11 REPLIES 11

So after I declined the quote due to them saying my phone has screen damage….

They have sent me a picture in an email showing a very deep cut across the glass screen. Stating that because of this they’d have to replace the whole screen and therefore have lowered the quote. 

When I sent off my iPhone there was not a single scratch on the screen. 
always used screen protection and a case etc…

Its actually hilarious the more I read up about them they sound like they are a company completely conning people out of money and their own phones. 

4 weeks late I received my phone back in the post. And it’s got a huge deep scratch across the lower part of the screen.

Someone at the warehouse has clearly damaged my phone on purpose in order to lower my quote. And to enable them to repair it on the cheap and make a good turn over. 

I’m only writing this to make people further aware of what I’ve gone through. Do not bother at all with EE trade in its a complete scam.

It’s a real shame EE are using this company. I wish I never bothered and just tried to sell it privately. 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Wataee.

I'm sorry to hear about this.

I'd recommend giving Brightstar a call to discuss this further and let them know what has happened.

Jon