cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

I don't have the model of phone in my account

elbowloh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, for some reason my account shows I have an iPhone SE. Thing is 1) I have never had an iPhone and b) the phone I did get with my contract was a Pixel 4 ( which was then lost and now using a pixel 3a).

Can I change this?

This is an issue when upgrading and I do a phone swap as I don't have the phone that ee thinks I have.

12 REPLIES 12
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@elbowloh The device shown is only cosmetic & does not affect your use of your device. It will change eventually after you connect using your MyEE app from the device.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Like is said it's an issue if I want to upgrade and phone swap as I'm not returning the phone ee think I am returning. Also, I've had this pixel for over a year and it hasn't updated even though I've used myee regularly

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @elbowloh,

I'm sorry to hear the handset image in My EE hasn't updated successfully. This won't affect your upgrade options.

James

So I won't get an additional charge if I return a pixel 3a worth an estimated £40 instead of an iPhone SE with an estimated £125?

James_B

Hi @elbowloh,

Would you be using an upgrade anytime benefit or EE trade in?

James

Upgrade anytime with phone swap. I have some cracks in the screen also. It says if my phone is more seriously damaged, then I could be liable for an additional fee. So I'm questioning whether I'll get charged a fee if I don't return the phone that is expected!

James_B

Hi @elbowloh,

With Upgrade Anytime, you'd need to return the phone that came with your current contract (The Pixel 4), you can't return a different phone.

James

The phone model displayed by MyEE isn't the model that EE originally supplied you under your contract & which it would expect you to return for Upgrade Anytime.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I lost that phone over a year ago! When I go through the order process it says I have an iPhone SE (which I have never owned) and is expecting me to return that?