cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

How do I transfer an account to another bill payer please?

CazW
Investigator
Investigator

I currently pay my son's mobile phone bill and have tried phoning EE numerous times to transfer to so that he pays it himself. They have to speak to me as the bill payer but need his permission too, obviously, but then h's called them only to be told they need my permission, so we're stuck in a loop. This has been going on for months and now I can't remember my password or where I set up the account to reset it (the oddest security question I've ever come across; who remembers stuff like that?!!) so EE say they can't do anything. They also say it's best to call them together but we don't live together and both work so that's not easy to do.

Can anyone suggest how I can transfer the account please? Many thanks, yours in desperation!

15 REPLIES 15
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Brilliant news, @CazW 😄

Hopefully it's all smooth sailing from here.

All the best for 2019. 🙂

Chris

I pay my daughters phone bill through my account how do I change that as we are no longer speaking

_MrR_
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Hi there, 

Same process as described above. If you and your daughter are not able to call at the same time, you'll need to call up, pass security and get them to note on the account that your daughter is going to take over the account.

She'll then need to call, give her details, pass the credit check, set up a new DD and take it from there. 

But you mention you're not speaking at the moment, this needs mutual consent to happen so you'd have to state your intention that you're happy to transfer to her and she'd have to want to take over the line. 

Good luck

Will that just be for her number and phone? I’d stay as account holder for mine?

_MrR_
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

I see what you're saying. 

Yes, when you call up customer care, you'd identify which of the lines on your account (so the one she uses) would be the one being transferred away to a new account.

Thankyou