cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

How do I see my pay monthly bills and what I've paid etc.?

rockandice
Contributor
Contributor

I have just set up a pay monthly contract with EE for an unlimited data mobile phone sim. I was emailed my first monthly invoice, it was paid and the sim works fine. The account is set up to be paid by direct debit.

The problem is that the sim in question is installed in a external 4G antenna, mounted 5m up in the air, 250 miles away from where I live and just provides Internet to a remote mountain hut.

I want to log on to my account and see my invoices, what I've paid, maybe change the bank account that pays it etc.

I have an account number, the sim phone number and other information taken from my first invoice. I log in to EE using my user name and password but when I try to go to 'My EE' it asks me to enter the phone number of the 'device' I want to manage and then says it's sent a text to that number with a code that I must enter to verify myself.

Obviously it is impossible for me to receive any texts, let alone see what they say. as the sim is not in a phone.

I phoned billing support but after 40 minutes they were not able to help me get into my account.

I have a pay monthly account with EE. I have a sim phone number. I pay them money.

How can I log into my account, see what's going on and manage my account?

12 REPLIES 12

I am that someone.

The place I installed the antenna is a remote mountain hut that is unoccupied unless I'm there. The antenna simply provides a cabled ethernet output (no built in software that can process text messages etc.) which is connected to a very basic  voice only VOIP phone that is nothing to do with EE and has a different phone number to the EE contract.

I don't agree with the supposition that I didn't check my account was set up properly before the install. I had a long conversation with the sales people at EE who set up my account for me, gave me an account number, set up the direct debit for me, charged me for the first month and sent me an invoice. Surely that should be enough to assume my account is properly set up.

I have an account. What I do with the actual sim they provided to me on that account is up to me. I could put it in the bin for all they care. They know I own it as that is what they sent me after I paid my invoice. I therefore should be able to see my account details, view what money I'm paying them each month and get my statements and invoices etc..

My original post was about how to see your account without the assumption that what you do with the sim allows for the reception of text messages. Thank you all for your replies about how to get the text but I'm afraid I'm no closer to seeing, altering (or even closing! ) my account.

Hi @rockandice ,

On the basis you are that someone and that you have set a sufficiently strong password so that no random person can access or mess with your account, or physically retrieve the SIM from up the pole to mess with directly, your monthly bills will be the contracted amount which you agreed to pay every month by Direct Debit for the minimum period of your contract.

You may check the charges are correct by looking at your bank statements on the appointed Direct Debit billing date. If you see a charge higher than the agreed, you may contact the service provider to understand why that is and get it rectified.

On the next occasion you choose to use your SIM 250 miles away, you can setup or add it to your MyEE account.

You may want to contact the service provider and give them all details you know about the SIM and your account to see if they are willing to make an exception to security protections designed to keep your account safe. In the news at the moment there is an example of identity theft where a person's house has been fraudulently sold and the aim is to avoid identity theft in someone gaining control of your telecommunications account connected to that physical SIM. Good luck!

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

Just to clarify my earlier Post re SMS Diverts (SMS Forwarding) this facility on most LTE Routers, once Set Up, is processed within the Router itself, the Recieved SMS doesn't need to be exacted from the Router to be processed by A N Other Software or Hardware intervention, it really is Router Stand Alone feature.

An Ethernet connection is already present from the Router as it's using Power Over Ethernet (POE) to power the external Router, so technically, even though the SIM connection is IP Alocated and Shared, you could by means of some form of VPN Service get Remote Access to the Router. EE can actually supply Fixed IP Sims for Business Customers, which I've used for IP Cameras and VoIP Telephones but there not cheap, or simply use any Sim via an LTE Router thats configured with an RJ11 Socket and use the Telephone via that GSM / 3G side.

I believe your going to struggle to achieve your account info without the SMS from the actual SIM, so maybe the next time your at the location, check the option and set up any SMS Forwarding so it can be forwarded to another Phone.

It's probably also worth pointing out that EE are fairly relaxed on Account Varification via SIM or SMS as it's only really required once per App setup, other Networks like Virgin as an example will only give limited time access to the Account App before asking you t reinsert the SIM again, and the Vodafone App will not run at all without the valid SIM in the Device or ask for SMS verification on every Website Account Login.