cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Non connecting WiFi on the Northern Line

Smartalec
Explorer

Morning all. I've had this problem for the last month now. I can login and connect to the EE Wifi network from Edgware to Golders Green on the Northern Line. At Hampstead onwards I can 'Connect without Internet. Does anyone know why please? Bizarre! For years I've been able to login previously using the Virgin Routers. However, since EE decided to go it alone, there have been numerous problems. Thanks. Samsung S9+

3 REPLIES 3
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Smartalec

Thanks for coming to the community 🙂

WiFi on the London Underground is provided by Virgin Media. WiFi is available in ticket halls, walkways and platforms at more than 250 stations but is not yet available in tunnels or in-between stations.

You can find out if a station has WiFi here.

Leanne. 

Hi Leanne_T Thank you. I wasn't talking about reception in the tunnels. Maybe I didn't make, what's I thought obvious, clear. Yes, it's on the platforms. Actually, you have to go through EE and NOT Virgin, to get the WiFi signal. The process changed over a year ago, and it's been pretty poor on the Tube since then.

What about the message I keep receiving please, and why do I get it on every station past Hampstead please? Smartalec

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Smartalec

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I would suggest giving us a call on 150, and the Tech team can get this investigated further for you and check why you are getting this message. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.